Grilled shrimp with curry-spiced yogurt, radish, lemon, and cilantro, piled high on grilled slabs of bread. These tartines are well-suited for a laid-back lunch or dinner on the fly.
- 12 ounces peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. olive oil
- ¾ tsp. sea salt, divided
- 4 (1-inch) thick slices of bakery bread
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 (7-oz.) container plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup thinly sliced radishes
- ¼ cup freshly chopped cilantro
- Optional: thinly sliced peppers, halved cherry tomatoes, pepitas
- Place shrimp, olive oil, ½ tsp. of the salt, and a pinch of black pepper in a bowl. Toss to coat.
- Heat a grill, grill pan or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook 2 to 3 minutes per side. Set aside.
- Brush both sides of bread with remaining 1 tsp. olive oil. Place on grill or grill pan and toast 1 to 2 minutes per side, until golden brown. Place lemon, flesh side-down, on pan and cook 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Place Greek yogurt, curry powder, paprika, remaining ¼ tsp. salt, and a pinch of black pepper in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Spread yogurt mixture evenly on each piece of grilled/toasted bread. Top evenly with shrimp, radishes, cilantro, and additional toppings, if desired. Drizzle with lemon juice.
Jamie Vespa, MS, RD, LD/N, is a former TGH dietitian who is now assistant nutrition editor at Cooking Light magazine. You can find more of her recipes on TGH Health News and more recipes on her blog, Dishing Out Health.