Peel n' eat shrimp tossed in a zesty turmeric-lime sauce. Ready in just 20 minutes, this recipe is easy, light and crazy-flavorful—everything we want in a summertime meal.
- 1 lb. large shell-on (or peeled) shrimp
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. freshly grated turmeric (or 1 Tbsp. ground turmeric)
- 1 Tbsp. lime zest
- 2 tsp. fish sauce
- 2 tsp. sriracha
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2½ Tbsp. butter
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 Tbsp. thinly sliced green onion
- Cook shrimp in a large pot of boiling salted water just until opaque, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a paper towel–lined baking sheet and let drain.
- Combine oil, garlic, lime juice, turmeric, lime zest, fish sauce, sriracha, salt and pepper in a bowl; stir with a whisk. Set aside.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add turmeric-lime sauce; cook 2 minutes, until aromatic. Add shrimp and cook, tossing gently and adjusting heat as needed to keep sauce just below a simmer, until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Top with cilantro and green onion.
Serving size: 4 oz. shrimp Calories: 226 Fat: 12.5 gm Saturated fat: 5 gm Carbohydrates: 4 gm Sugar: 1 gm Sodium: 320 mg Fiber: 0 gm Protein: 24 gm Cholesterol: 238 mg
Jamie Vespa, MS, RD, LD/N, is a former TGH dietitian who is now assistant nutrition editor at Cooking Light magazine. You can find more of her recipes on TGH Health News and more recipes on her blog, Dishing Out Health.