Individuals who have undergone joint replacement, experienced a musculoskeletal injury, sustained bone trauma or have been diagnosed with a degenerative joint disease often have limited function and mobility, pain and other complications. The orthopedic rehabilitation experts at Tampa General Rehabilitation Center’s Orthopedic and Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation Program help patients recover the skills and develop the strategies to resume their daily activities.
Studies show that where an individual goes for treatment can make all the difference in his or her recovery. Research also indicates that an early start to rehabilitation can optimize functional gains. Our rehabilitation center is able to provide an early start and deliver a comprehensive orthopedic rehabilitation program that includes medical, nursing and therapy care to best meet the needs of each patient. Our goal-directed approach to orthopedic and musculoskeletal rehabilitation tailors treatment to help patients to help:
- restore physical function and enhance the skills needed to perform daily activities
- build strength and endurance
- improve balance and regain mobility
- optimize independence
- Physicians who manage patients' complex medical needs around the clock
- Rehabilitation nurses who deliver a compassionate, evidence-based care plan to each patient
- Physical and occupational therapists who involve patients in an intensive and comprehensive treatment program for a minimum of three hours a day, for a minimum of five days a week
- Psychologists who address any cognitive, emotional or behavioral issues
- Case managers who carefully coordinate the individual's stay and discharge plans
- Recreational therapists who promote social interaction and encourage participation in adaptive activities
- Tampa General Rehabilitation Center’s outpatient interdisciplinary teams draw on the expertise of physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech language pathologists, and psychologists
Tampa General Rehabilitation Center integrates the evidence-based treatment, leading-edge technologies and adaptive techniques to support individual recovery. To best meet the orthopedic rehabilitation needs of our patients, we offer:
- electrical stimulation
- treadmill training
- assistive equipment and technologies
- advanced pain management, including pharmacological intervention
Tampa General Rehabilitation Center provides a wide range of specialized orthopedic rehabilitation and musculoskeletal services, including a highly focused approach to hand therapy and orthotics services in our outpatient rehab clinics.
To help individuals successfully transition to life at home, work and in the community, Tampa General Rehabilitation Center delivers a continuum of inpatient through outpatient care. Patients participating in our comprehensive outpatient orthopedic rehabilitation programs will generally continue to reinforce the strengths and skills they have acquired during their inpatient stay.
For More Information
For more information about Tampa General Rehabilitation Center’s Orthopedic Rehabilitation Program, or to make a referral for admission, call (813) 844-7701.