Consider requesting a palliative care service consult if:
- You or your family need help with complex decision-making or clarifying your goals for care
- You need help with advance care planning (living wills, advance directives) and desire in-depth discussions of your condition and treatment options
- You are requiring frequent hospital admissions for the same diagnosis
- Your disease is progressing to its final stages despite treatment
- You require a prolonged hospital or ICU stay and are not getting better
- You have severe pain or symptom distress in the setting of serious illness
- You need assistance with discussion of hospice care
To receive a palliative care consultation, please ask your physician or nurse for a referral.
For further questions about palliative care, our team can be reached Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. at (813) 844-7917.
If after hours, please ask your nurse to call the palliative care pager.